Here are some of my goals that I want to try to aim for in 2014. I know some people don’t believe in new year’s resolutions, but I am not going to get disappointed and jump off a cliff if I don’t succeed in all of these! For me it is more of a reflection of where I want to be, what I want to do, and putting these out in the open helps to guide and motivate me especially when others know about them and can hold me accountable. And the new year is the perfect time to get a goal plan into place….so here we go:
1. Lose Weight – 60 pounds to be exact I want to slim up and tone up and get some sexy muscles.
2. Run Run Run – I am signed up for a 7k in March and want to try to run the whole thing, hills from hell and all, in single digit freezing weather. It is also my dream to run a half marathon one day so I need to get running! This will also help with #1.
3. Be debt free – the hubs and I have been working on this one for a few years already. January through August we are going to continue with our monthly budget and by September our house will be completely paid off and we will be totally debt free Oh em gee!!
4. Eat Vegan – I am the chubbiest vegetarian on the planet since you can still eat plenty of junk cutting out meat. I am going to focus on a whole food plant diet with no animal products and cut out the fat and cholesterol all together. Plus the vegan lifestyle is more in-sync with my values for becoming vegetarian in the first place. Hmmmm this also helps #1
5. Be a better listener – I want to improve my relationships with my friends and family and be there for them. I haven’t always been the best listener and I get easily distracted or too concerned about myself all the time. I especially need to listen to the hubs more and be more present.
6. Do things I want to do – Now that I am done with my master’s and have somewhat of a life again I want to do fun things I haven’t had time to do like join a softball league, go bowling more, take some dance classes, learn to play the accordion, read more books, etc. This list could go on forever.
And of course….
7. Blog! I always wanted to write a blog so this year I am going to do it. It will probably be filled with the above items and my progress or failures on them. So if you are interested in said items I hope you stick around and read!
What are your goals for the new year?